We are an Old-Fashion, Independent, Fundamental, King James Bible, Separated, Soul-Winning Baptist church. We receive the Holy Scriptures (The King James 1611 Bible) as its authority in matters of faith and practice. Its understanding of Christian truth contained therein is in essential accord with the beliefs in the articles of faith mentioned below.
1. Scripture - The Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments were given by inspiration of God, and are the only sufficient and authoritative rule of all saving knowledge, faith, and obedience.
II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:19-21; Acts 1:16; 3:21; II Samuel 23:2; Acts 28:25; Psalm 119:89,130,160; I Corinthians 2:12,13; Luke 24:25-27,44,45; Psalm 12:6.7; Isaiah 40:8; I Peter 1:23-25; John 10:35; Matthew 5:18; 24:35; Luke 16:17, 29-31; 21:33; John 17:17; Proverbs 30:5,6; Romans 3:4; 15:4, Revelation 22:18,19 John 12:48; Isaiah 8:20; Ephesians 6:17; Hebrews 4:12; Psalm 19:7-11; John 5:39, 45-47; Romans 10:17.
2. God – There is but one God, the Maker, Preserver and Ruler of all things having in and of Himself all perfections, and being infinite in them all; and to Him all creatures owe the highest love, reverence, and obedience.
Genesis 1:1; Psalm 8:1-3; Psalm 33:6; John 1:1-5; Acts 17:24; Colossians 1:16; Revelation 1:8.
3. The Trinity - God is revealed to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, each with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence, or being.
I Corinthians 8:6; Ephesians 4:6; John 4:24; Psalm 83:18; 90:2; 147:5; Jeremiah 10:10; Revelation 4:11; Genesis 3:15; Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 1:35; Mark 1:1; John 1:1-3,14; Psalm 2:7; Hebrews 1:8; Galatians 4:4; I John 5:20; I Corinthians 15:47; Isaiah 9:6,7; John 8:58; 10:30; 17:5; Philippians 2:5-11; I Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 4:15; 7:26; Romans 9:5; Colossians 1:15-17; John 14:16,17,26; 15:26,27; 16:8-11,13; Acts 5:3,4,30-32; 11:16; I Corinthians 2:10,11; 12:4-6; Hebrews 9:14; Luke 1:35; 3:16; 24:49; Matthew 3:11; Mark 1:8; John 1:33, 3:5,6; Ephesians 1:13,14; II Thessalonians 2:7,13; Romans 8:14,16,26,27; I Peter 1:2.
4. The Fall Of Man - God originally created man in His own image, and free from sin; but through the temptation of Satan, he transgressed the command of God and fell from his original holiness and righteousness; whereby his posterity inherited a nature corrupt and wholly opposed to God and His law, are under condemnation, and as soon as they are capable of moral action, become actual transgressors.
Genesis 1:1,11,25-27,31; 2:21-23; Exodus 20:11; Acts 4:24; Colossians 1:16,17; Hebrews 11:3; John 1:3; Revelation 10:6; Romans 1:20; Acts 17:23-26; Jeremiah 10:12; Nehemiah 9:6; Ecclesiastes 7:29; Genesis 3:1-6,24; Romans 1:18,20,28,32; 3:10-19; 5:12,19; Ezekiel 18:19,20; Galatians 3:10,22; Psalm 51:6; Isaiah 53:6; Ephesians 2:3; Matthew 20:15.
5. Regeneration - Regeneration is a change of heart, wrought by the Holy Spirit, who quickens the dead in trespasses and sins, enlightening their minds spiritually and savingly to understand the Word of God, and renewing their whole nature, so that they love and practice holiness. It is a work of God’s free and special grace alone.
John 3:3,6; I Peter 1:23; James 1:18; II Corinthians 5:17; I John 2:29; Ephesians 4:24; Colossians 1:13; 2:13; Romans 6:13; John 1:12,13; I Corinthians 6:11; Titus 3:5-7.
6. Repentance - Repentance is an evangelical grace, wherein a person being, by the Holy Spirit, made sensible of the manifold evil of his sins, humbleth himself for it, with Godly sorrow, detestation of it, and self-abhorrence, with a purpose and endeavor to walk with God so as to please Him in all things.
Matthew 3:1,2; 4:17; Mark 1:15; Acts 3:19; 5:31; 17:30; 20:21; Luke 18:13; 24:47; II Corinthians 7:2; Romans 2:5; Isaiah 55:7; Psalm 51:1-4,7.
7. Faith – Saving Faith is the belief, on God’s authority, of whatsoever is revealed in His Word concerning Christ, accepting and resting upon Him alone for justification, sanctification, and eternal life. It is wrought in the heart by the Holy Spirit, and is accompanied by all saving graces, and leads to a life of holiness.
Acts 16:31; Romans 1:17; 3:22; 5:1; 10:3,9-13; Hebrews 11:1,6; James 2:23; Jeremiah 17:7; Psalm 34:22; 125:1; II Corinthians 5:7.
8. Justification - Justification is God’s gracious and full acquittal of sinners who believe in Christ from all sin, through the satisfaction that Christ has made, not for anything wrought in them, but on account of the obedience and satisfaction of Christ, they receiving and resting on Him and His righteousness by Faith.
John 1:16; Ephesians 3:8; Acts 13:39; Isaiah 3:11,12; Romans 5:1-3,9,11; 8:1; Zechariah 13:1; Matthew 9:6; Acts 10:43; Matthew 6:33; I Corinthians 1:30,31; I Timothy 4:8; Isaiah 53:11.
9. Sanctification – Those who have been regenerated are also sanctified, by God’s Word and Spirit dwelling in them. This sanctification is progressive through the supply of Divine Strength, which all saints seek to obtain, pressing after a heavenly life in cordial obedience to all Christ’s commands.
II Thessalonians 4:3; 5:23; II Corinthians 7:1; 13:9; Ephesians 1:4; 4:11,12; Proverbs 4:18; II Corinthians 3:18; Hebrews 6:1; II Peter 1:5-8; Philemon 12-16; Philippians 2:12,13; I Peter 2:2; II Peter 3:18; II Corinthians 13:5; I Timothy 4:7.
10. Perseverance Of The Saints – Those who God has accepted in the Beloved, and sanctified by His Spirit, will never totally nor finally fall away from the state of grace, but shall certainly persevere to the end; and though they may fall, through neglect and temptation, into sin, whereby they grieve the spirit, impair their graces and comforts, bring reproach on the church, and temporal judgments on themselves, yet they shall be renewed again unto repentance, and be kept by the power of God through Faith unto Salvation.
John 6:39,66-69; 8:31,32; 13:8; I John 2:19,27,28; 3:9; 5:18; Matthew 13:19-21; Romans 8:28,35-39; Matthew 6:20,30-33; John 4:4; Philippians 1:6; 2:12,13; Jude 24,25; Hebrews 1:14; 13:5; John 10:28,29; 16:8; Colossians 1:21-23; I Peter 1:5.
11. Baptism - Baptism is an ordinance of jesus Christ, obligatory upon every believer wherein he is immersed in water in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, as a sign of his fellowship with the death, burial, and Resurrection of Christ, of remission of sins, and of his giving himself up to God to live and walk in newness of life. It is prerequisite to church fellowship, and to the participation in the Lord’s Supper.
Matthew 28:19,20; Acts 2:41; 8:12,13,26-39; 9:17,18; 10:25,26,44-48; 16:14,15,25-37; 18:7-11; Matthew 3:1-16; 21:24,25; John 3:22,23; 4:1,2; Galatians 3:27,28; Romans 6:4; Colossians 2:12; I Peter 3:15,20,21; II Samuel 12:22,23; Proverbs 20:11.
12. The Lord’s Supper - The Lord’s Supper is an ordinance of Jesus to be administered with the elements of bread and wine, and to be observed by His churches till the end of the world. It is in no sense a sacrifice, but is designed to commemorate His death, to confirm the faith and other graces of Christians, and to be a bond, pledge, and renewal of their communion with Him, and of their church fellowship.
Matthew 26:27-30; 28:20; Mark 14:20-26; Luke 22:19,20; I Corinthians 10:16; 11:2,17-34.
13. The Lord’s Day – The Lord’s Day is a Christian institution for regular observance, and should be in exercise of worship and spiritual devotion, both public and private, resting from worldly employments and amusements, works of necessity and mercy being the only exceptions.
14. The Resurrection – The bodies of men after death return to dust, but their spirits return immediately to God, the righteous to rest with Him; the wicked to eternal punishment. The bodies of all the dead, both just and unjust, will be raised according to His Word.
Matthew 28:6,7; Luke 24:2,4-6,19,51; John 20:27; I Corinthians 15:4; Mark 16:6,19; Acts 1:9-11; Revelation 3:21; Hebrews 8:1,6; 12:2; I Timothy 2:5; I John 2:1; Hebrews 2:17; 5:9,10; John 14:3; I Thessalonians 4:16,17; Matthew 24:27,35,42; Hebrews 9:28; I Corinthians 15:25,42-44,51-53; Philippians 4:20,21; Luke 1:32; Isaiah 11:4,5; Psalm 72:8; Revelation 20:1-4,6,15; 21:7,8,24-27; 22:11; I Peter 4:7; I Corinthians 7:29-31; Hebrews 1:10-12; Revelation 1:7; I John 2:17; Acts 24:15; Luke 14:14; Daniel 12:2; John 5:28,29; 6:40; 11:25,26; II Timothy 1:10; Acts 10:42; Matthew 13:37-43,49; 25:35-41; II Peter 2:9,11,12; Revelation 20:20.
15. Judgment - We believe that everyone, saved and unsaved, shall face God in Judgment. according to the Scriptures, the Judgment of the saved will be separate from the Judgment of the unsaved. We believe the Scriptures teach that these Judgments shall be as follows:
A – Judgment Of Christians – (The Judgment seat of Christ – II Corinthians 5:10) – Christians shall at this time be judged according to their words from the time they received Christ Jesus as their Savior until the time they stand before Him in judgment. They shall be rewarded or they shall suffer loss according as their words shall be.
B – Judgment Of The Unsaved - (The Great White Throne Judgment) – All unsaved shall at this time be judged according to their words and cast into the lake of fire to suffer forever according as their works shall be.
16. Heaven - A place of beauty and bliss, wherein dwelleth righteousness, where God will dwell with His people forever.
17. Hell – A place of ceaseless torment, characterized by fire and brimstone, a place where all who have scorned God’s love will suffer forever.
18. The Devil - We believe in the personality of Satan, that he is not merely an abstract power of influence, but a living, personal being; that he is the god of this world and the prince of the power of the air; that he is constantly going up and down in the earth seeking whom he may devour. He does not possess the attributes of God.
Isaiah 14:12-15; Ezekiel 28:14-17; Revelation 12:9; Jude 6; Ephesians 2:2; II Peter 2:4; John 14:30; I Thessalonians 3:5; Matthew 4:1-3; I Peter 5:8; I John 3:8; Matthew 13:25,37,39; Luke 22:3,4; Revelation 12;10; II Corinthians 11:13-15; Mark 13:21,22; I John 4:3; II John 7; I John 2:22; Revelation 13:13,14; 12:7-9; 19:11,16,20; 20:1-3,10; II Thessalonians 2:8-11; Matthew 25:41.